Hi Levant of Syrus,
Please consider unlocking the majority of pages in the Special:Log/protect list, particularly templates.
The following Community Central pages provide a great explanation as to why I would make this request:
..but didn't lose experience, at least..
I feel sorry for you, losing data is no fun at all.. I know what that means
But try to bear up, it's over and gone, we can't change it anymore. Plus, regaining the stuff/data will help to deepen your knowledge :)
So don't give up! I stand by your side.
I was bored, so I took some time playing the Japanese Version and trying to hack the appearances of Asha and its secondaries.
As you can see, it's not only Asha which uses the fairy model in the Japanese Version. Those minions also use this model:
All of them are squids in the other versions. From this it follows that there are in total 4 fire squids! These are Asha, Anash, Rashaba and Nupandra.
I uploaded some pics of the fairies so you can get an impression of the whole family. For example (this one is Anash):
As always, there is one pic for growth level 1 and one for the 5th level. ^^
I don't need them, so do whatever you want with them.
Mh yeah, I don't really like it - however, this is just my personal opinion.
As I said, do what you like to do with this info, for example, mention the other versions on Asha's page. That should be done at least because they're all from the same 5-minion family.
PS: with some help, I found out how to hack movesets/growth rate data! This will be very helpful with the minion pages. I'm pretty excited to start working with that power <3
PS²: just remembered I wanted to try Vatolka & Arpatron on one game, and the result:
Looks like scribble, but it's Vatolka and Arpatron on the same position on the minion list. So yeah, it works if you capture Vatolka on arbex/xebra, save, transform your memory card to any other emulator, then capture Arpatron or vice versa.
Awesome thanks, You can change the Asha page how you see fit, It will be easier for you to do it anyway. If there is anything I can ever do to thank you please tell me. I've had such a busy week and I have a nine hour shift coming up lol.
When I get home I'm going to start uploading some more mini pics and stuff.
Hey, honestly, I do nor deserve neither want that much acknowledgement.
I'm just happy that there is someone who likes the game and is willing to read the stuff I find out. :) It helps me to keep my work up.
Honestly and seriously, all you need to do is to log in from time to time. I can always check when you did that last.
We both pursue the same goal (with slight differences, but whatever).
Ok, back to topic :)
The main point concerning Asha and its family is that their appearance is different in the Japanese Version. As we know now, it's not only Asha, so the page needs a new title at least. On the aspect that is think this is sort of trivia, we could just delete the page and add it to the corresponding minions pages in a Trivia section.
we add the "Trivia" section to all minion pages (Asha, Anash, Shee, Fal and Shulia) explaining that they look different in the JP Version plus a link to a page called "The black fairy family" (just an example) where all fairies are shown.
This minion's appearance is different in the japanese version of Jade Cocoon. For more information, please click here.
This would be quite similar to your suggestion, perhaps you thought about it that way?
Sorry, I don't really get what you mean lol :S
C) I quite love them, I was trying to find a balance between getting them done and making them look nice. You have done amazingly, thats what I orginally wanted but didn't have time to do for all of them.
2. It will, That is fine though. it's supose to be a comperhesive list, I set out orginally with this wiki to try and give Jade Coccon the wiki love Pokemon gets, so i orginally was trying to emulate the style of Bulbapdia's Pokemon List, We can always have different list pages that are more organzied.
3. Yeah, It's model was removed and replaced by the squid looking minion in Pal and EU becasue of it being a black fairy. It was also one of the first pages I made so it's a bit outdated in format.
4. Not really, Given how small the project is it would be bassicly giving ourselves shiny candy lol I don't care if you keep it implemented, maybe it will be of more use later.
5. Sorry, I wish I had as much time as you do right now, but to fill you in, I am currently using a barely functional laptop, the screen part doesn't stand on its own and the power is funky, adding on to the holidays, my friends, working, planning moving and getting a car, It's been hell to even get resources. It's a major chore to even put in my controller becasue the side usb is broke and moving the laptop to put the ps3 controller in usally causes the laptop to shutdown.
My orginal goal was to bassicly spend a year doing what you've managed to do in a few months lol I will admit I'm not all that speedy, I guess I will need to define what I need to do so that we can work together becasue I'll be honest, You've added quite a bit that I'm not compeltly sure of what is all done.
I can tell you some things.
1) I plan to update and move Asha to where she is found (The Fourth Forest I think, been a while since I captured her)
2) I plan to make all the minifigs, I ultamely want to use this wiki as templte to make a JC fan game, and the mini sprites will be used in battles. That is far down the road though.
3) I want to have baisc merges all cataloged, obviously it becomes increasingly and expoentially much more diffuct to do, but I will try.
4) I plan to play JC through again and record things such as the stoires that are told, these will then be placed in the Book of Legends.
Overall I also want to add content. But I'm sad to say you are far more skilled than I.
Ok, thanks for all that info. :)
Some more remarks:
2. Yep, I already thought about some different lists. For example, lists sorting the minions by their corresponding numbers, by their elements (such a one is in my wiki), or their families. That would become more interesting once all minion pages are done, of course ;)
5. Hmm, your problems with your hardware are.. horrible. However, the real life is still more important than a game, so don't worry.
"But I'm sad to say you are far more skilled than I."
I guess it looks like this because I only did things which suited with my strengths. I'm going to study computer science, so this is why I don't wonder that I can use some hax on the minions to squeeze some more info out of them. I guess that will look different once it comes to, for example, Legends or such stuff lol
To 3) let's say you catalogue the merges that 80 minions can generate: this would mean 80² = 6.400 merges. Well, let's see how we can do that lol
In general, I'd say I should transfer all minion pages - I got every minion except those who appear only in the Eternal Corridor - and then we should see again. I'm still looking forward to it :)
Thanks, =] I do agree we should work on merging only after we've finished the normal minions, so we have time. Thanks for being so understanding, you've been such an insparation, I don't know if I'd ever have gotten anywhere this close without help from you <3
You have my premission to be fully in charge of the minion pages, I'll still fix Asha, since I have a Japensense rom with her already on it. After that, Feel free to organize and change what you desire. I consider us equals on this project. ^^ This Wiki is as much yours as mine.
Yep, you're an inspiration as well :)
And yep, I absolutely agree. This project will be done, earlier or later, doesn't really matter <3
Oh, and btw, I also got all Item and Equip stuff - the Items are all done here, and I'll finish working on the Equip tomorrow. Hehe^^ So far, so good, I wish us good luck.^^