Damage Calculation in Jade Cocoon requires 8 variables and constants:
Of the attacking minion:
- Attack if the used attack is Attack, or a Special - Magic Attack if it is a spell
- Element Ratio if the attack is elemental
- boolean IsPoisoned
Of the Defending minion:
- Defense if the received attack is Attack, or a Special - Magic Defense if it is a spell
- Damage Modifier of the attacks type
- boolean IsDefending and IsSleeping
Damage = 3 / 20 *((Magic) Attack^1.5/(Magic) Defense^0.5) * (Level/3+1) * (DamageModifier/32) * (2/(2+3*IsDefending)) * ((IsSleeping+5)/5) * Efficiency * (10-3*IsPoisoned)/10 * 4-th root(Element ratio/8) + Rnd*
If Levant is involved in combat, some minor tweaks are applied:
- "Level" is not derived from his Capture Level, but instead a hidden value assigned to the weapon he has equipped at the time.
- Efficiency is determined by a second hidden modifier in the weapon, or by the item used in the case of him using a Seal:
- 100% to a single target using a Seal 1.
- 95% to all targets using a Seal 2.
- Decimal places of (Magic)Attack/Defense are ignored.
- Attack and Magic Attack max at 99 points. 100 points are possible, however it will still be calculated with 99 points.
Increasing own damage output
These methods increase the damage minions can deal:
- For attacks increase Attack value / Level
- For Spells increase (Magic) Attack value / Level
- Increase the special attacks or spells efficiency
- Put the enemy to sleep
- Have high element ratios for elemental special attacks / spells of the same element
Decreasing damage taken
These methods decrease the damage minions will take:
- Increase Defense value against attacks
- Increase (Magic) Defense value against spells
- Poison the enemy
- Decrease damage modifiers through merging - however, mostly increases other DM's